Neos Smart Cam Home Security Camera
Having consistent and reliable footage of the inside of your house can help you act fast in situations that would otherwise turn bad very quickly.
Knowing the status of your house at all times helps prevent burglaries from going too far, and even if they succeed, you should be able to have some great incriminating evidence against them.
The Neos Smart Camera offers all of this and more in a convenient, easy to use package. One aspect of the Neos Camera that attracts many consumers is the simplicity in setting it up.
2-Way Audio Smart Camera
- Works with Alexa: ask Alexa to show your kitchen, lounge, nursery, or anywhere else you have your SmartCam, on an Echo Dot, Echo show or fire stick connected to your TV
- 1080P Full HD with live stream and 8x digital zoom – 2. 8mm Focal length. 110º wide angle lens. 1/2. 9″ Cmos sensor
- Motion & noise detection with alerts: when motion or noise is detected a 12 second video clip is automatically recorded
- Free cloud storage. Videos are stored for 14 days for free and secured in a AWS cloud via an end-to-end encryption
- Night vision: with F2. 0 aperture, ir-cut filter, and four 850Nm infrared LEDs. The Neos SmartCam night vision allows you to see up to 9 metres away even in total darkness
- Flexible design: The unique design allows you to point the camera in precisely the right direction. The magnetic base connects to any metal surface or use the included metal plate and adhesive pad to mount the camera anywhere
- Download clips: save video clips to your phone with a single tap and Share them with your family & friends
It requires very little time to get it up and running. You just need to point it in the right direction, plug it in, and connect it. From there, you can do all the things you want it to do, whether it’s from your available phone app or from your computer.
24 Hour Recording
At the base level, this device will record up to 24 hours of footage in the cloud free for 14 days, replacing old footage as needed to make more space. If there’s an important clip that you need, you can download it to have it permanently saved on your computer.
This would be something like catching the burglar in action, keeping it so that it can later be used in court as evidence. The basic package also includes things like motion sensitive alerts to let you know when it detects something, and it can be livestreamed from your account at any time.
However, you can upgrade your subscription in order to gain access to more premium features. As you upgrade it, you’ll be able to hold more footage, connect more cameras, and so on.
Some of the premium features are definitely worth the cost. For example, you can have human detection set up so it will alert you for detecting a human figure instead of something like a dog running around.
Advanced Audio Alerts
One of the most amazing premium features comes in the form of advanced audio alerts. It gives you a detailed alert regarding what it heard, so that you know what’s going on at that time.
It could be anything from a dog barking to a crying baby and just about anything in between, even including breaking glass. This is so incredibly useful because you’ll know if it’s something you need to respond to right away or if it’s just a noise that is occurring.
There are many home security cameras available for you to look at. Take a look at some of the other options below to see if any of these fit your requirements.
Competition Home Security Cameras
The Neos Smart Cam has some serious competitors when it comes to the home security market. Below are three other excellent home security cameras you should seriously consider before you choose which one to buy.
Also, take a look at our main article on Home Security Cameras which will give you a rundown on what we like and why and hopefully help you to choose the camera you like the most.
Arlo Pro Home Security Camera
All are great cameras for the home and all fully tested and backed by many who have looked through the reviews available from genuine buyers.